Thomson Reuters Inaugurates New Legal Facilities in McKinley Hill
MANILA, Philippines, April 29, 2010 – Thomson Reuters today celebrates the formal inauguration of new office facilities for its Legal Operations in Manila. The office inauguration reinforces the company’s commitment to the Philippine site as an important content and support center for Thomson Reuters clients worldwide.
Thomson Reuters has a long and established business in the Philippines, with a track record of recruiting the best and brightest to join its global employee base. Operating in the country for more than 60 years, Thomson Reuters has a growing presence in Manila and is committed to continuing to build its business in the Philippines. A team of employees at the new site will contribute to content processing and production, including compiling, organizing, converting and linking content for Thomson Reuters legal online services and print products around the world. Top Thomson Reuters executives will arrive for the inauguration ceremony to support the company’s global legal content initiatives at the new facilities located at McKinley Hill, Taguig City. These are Vin Caraher, president, US Core Legal; John Elstad, senior vice president, Legal Editorial Operations; and Cheryl Giraulo, vice president, Global Content Centers. The company’s long-standing presence in the country and operations in Manila make it a logical location for global legal content production.
According to Caraher, “The expansion of the McKinley Hill facilities reflects our commitment to growing our capabilities in the Philippines. The work being done at this site by our highly skilled and talented team is critical to our global content operations, and in supporting legal professionals around the world.”
“We are extremely pleased to be expanding our Thomson Reuters sites in the Philippines,” said Roel Roque, site officer, Thomson Reuters, Legal, Philippines. “Our high-caliber professional employee base is comitted to delivering on the Thomson Reuters promise of exceptional products and service.”
Thomson Reuters Legal now occupies the 9th and 10th floors of the 18/20 Upper McKinley Hill building, one of several buildings to house various Thomson Reuters operations in McKinley Hill.
Other Thomson Reuters Operations in the Philippines include the following:
- The Customer Support and Administration groups provide a single point of contact for pre- and post-sales support for our financial information customers globally.
- The Content Operations group oversees the collection of financial data and information for Thomson Reuters products in the areas of fundamentals, business intelligence, equities, exchange traded instruments, estimates, filings, fixed income, deals, private equity, ownership & profiles, economics, and broker research.
- The Investment & Advisory division has Advisory Services and Investment Banking groups teams based in Manila. Advisory Services provides intelligent information on investor relations for clients worldwide, while Investment Banking provides high quality research and analysis to clients globally, using a wide range of analytical products.
- The Capital Markets Publishing group handles telesales for Media/International Financing Review (IFR) magazine and its publications, online databases, newswires, conferences, and management reports across the world.
- The Corporate Communications Services group provides site production, webhosting and webcasting services to corporate clients based in North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa and Asia Pacific.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.